
Rach, Alisha, Michelle, me, Melissa, and April @ La Salita. (click for the full version)

At the family picnic! We stayed up until midnight at my house after having dinner and we where still good to go, lol.

Levi and I before we left

Levi and I at the dinner, before I had a few too many!

Melissa and I, saxophone girls!

Avery and I, we where very good friends in middle school. She has her art degree now and teaches yoga. She got married last weekend and has an adorable 2 yr old little boy.

Dave and I. Okay, this is the guy I ran over Jr. year. I was, after getting injured and not being able to run, the cross country manager that year. I was driving a bunch of water to the park that they where running at when a bunch of the boys started to chase my truck. I, not wanting them to get in the back, sped up to get away from them. I had NO idea Dave was hanging onto my passenger side wheel well, when I sped up he lost his grip and he had asphalt in his shoulder and a knee injury. We ended up driving to my house to get him cleaned up and I was terrified his mom was going to kill me. Later that night the pain got bad and he had to fess up and get care for his wounds, and his mom didn't kill me, but it was quite an experience. We laugh about it now, but that really could have been terrible.

That is the hernia on his shin that he'll always have from it. I had to get pics so I can tell my kids about it one day. I didn't even know he had a permanent reminder.

Levi and I, I was toasted here.

These are just a few of the people I went to elem. and mid. school with. It was really great to see all of them because we grew up from the time we where little kids together!
My friend Michelle came to stay with me, which was a blast. I felt like I got a 4 day reunion instead of one! She and I where inseparable from 7th grade-Jr. year and it was so nice to catch up. Those kinds of bonds don't ever go away. She was so fun to be around. Everyone was. It was an amazing time filled with laughter and memories mixed with a little liquor. I'll never forget any of it, and I got to reconnect with some really amazing people. Even some I wasn't close with in high school but now we click. I wasn't at all popular in school, but I did have a really fun, down to earth, neat group of friends. I hung out with all the honors kids, go figure! My dad always used to say to my friends "hey, can you rub off on her a bit?" School was not my thing, except for english and honors history. I hated math and science. I had a lot of fun in HS though, while I would never ever go back I did enjoy it. Just wish I had partied a little bit! Anyway, the reunion was more fun then I ever imagined and I am so glad a) I went and b) I helped plan it because I really enjoyed all of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment