
I cannot believe school starts on the 12th. This summer flew. It sucks that most of June and the beginning of July I was dealing with the miscarriage, I feel like we all got gypped a bit :( I am glad the girls had summer camp and got to still do a lot of fun things every week, I'm just sad that I didn't get to do as much with them as I normally do. I went today (tax-free holiday in NM) and bought all their supplies. A few weeks ago I bought them new backpacks at Costco. Faith's is brown and tan plaid and Alorah's is light pink and gray, they are both really cute. I also replaced their lunchboxes this year, Alorah has a princess one that is too small and Faith's is 3 years old so it was time. I got them thermos containers for hot or cold foods, I wanted to get them last year but they are $15/ea. and I knew I would need 2 and our budget didn't really allow it. I ended up getting Alorah a Hannah Montanna one and Faith a Hello Kitty one plus new water bottles (I do not buy juice boxes, they take water) Faith will be so excited to get to take spaghetti-o's for lunch, she hates sandwhiches :) I don't pack typical lunches. Faith usually takes applesauce, sliced up big carrots or cucumbers, grapes or an apple, whole wheat crackers, edemame or some lunch meat in a bag, and a cheesestick. Alorah likes ham sandwhiches, carrots, grapes, and crackers. I try really hard to stay away from fruit snacks and fruit "rollups" but I don't always battle that one. It's much easier when I go shopping by myself ;)
I am just not ready to send them back! My birthday is next Thursday, I'll take them to get calenders and find out who their teachers are, and then on Friday we have "meet the teacher day", then they start on Tuesday. It went by quick! It feels like May was just here. I can hardly believe they are 1st and 2nd graders already!


1 comment:
I love shopping for school supplies. And I love finding other moms who send their kids to school with water and without "fruit" snacks! You rock!
Post a Comment