I had a doc apt. today with my PCP. I asked the MA what it took to get her training and she said she went to Apollo College and it was 32k. HOLY BUDDHA that is a lot of money! She got grants and assistance to cover all but 4k, but still. That is a lot of money. The programs that I have looked into here all run on 3 schedules. 8am-1pm, 1pm-6pm, or 6pm-11pm. These are hard because I would have to find care for all 3 kids and figure out how to pay for it. She told me she is also doing Medical Transcription work on the side. She gets $150-200 a day on the side and she did it for $900 through an online program. I got the info and looked it up, this place is BBB accredited since 1992 and seems like a fantastic option for me! I can get it done in 4-6 months hopefully.
I can work at my own pace and do it all here! I am so excited, you all have no idea lol.
http://www.ashworthuniversity.edu/progr

Now step 2.
I know I need a fall-back and another way to make money. So as soon as I finish with MT I am going to go to our local community college (CNM) and get my nursing assistant certification. It is a quick course and gets my foot in the door. Eventually I really do want to do Medical Assistant work but I don't have the time to devote to the program just yet.
http://www.cnm.edu/depts/hwps/progs/nur

Neither one pay a ton of money, but with both jobs and child support I should be able to make a decent living for myself. I am really relieved and happy. Things are falling into place and I know I'm making the right decisions.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your info.!!!
Post a Comment