“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cars, cars, and more cars! remote control cars!!!

On Saturday the kids got their flu shots. Just like every year. The past 2 have gone really, really well! Last year I took them all separately, because kids work off each others anxieties and fears, and it went so well! It taught them that they would be okay, it was very fast, and it was something that we did together. This year all 3 got them at the same time, in birth order (because they could not decide who would go first!). I bought a few items to encourage cooperation, I'm not above bribery! I got Faith a necklace and Alorah a bracelet for $1 ea. in the dollar spot at Target. I got Vance play dough. We left the treats at home but they knew about them! If anyone had done a table dive or thrown a fit there would be no treat! No one shed a single tear, they all got to pick where they got it (Faith and Vance chose their leg, Alorah chose her arm). I was very happy with them. They all got to pick a sticker and then we went to my dad's house to hang out for a little bit.



For Father's Day this year we got my dad remote control cars. 2 of them. That wasn't enough, Diane ended up getting him two more for his birthday. One is a batmobile. Oooh fun!


Batmobile! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

zooooooooom zoooooooooom!

2 comments:

April said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Your kids are strong! I honestly don't think I have ever gotten a flu shot because I know I would cry like a baby! ...well maybe not like a baby, but their could be a tear or two!

Jeannie Isaacs said...

How cute is that? My boys love their cars too...

Glad the flu shots went well. That is no fun. :( Smart mommy with the treats though. ;)