“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Christmas Card Update:

This is an update to this post.
What's a divorcing girl to do when she is living with her soon-to-be-ex and trying to figure out what to do about Christmas cards?

Well, this girl has decided exactly what she is going to do!


She is NOT going to send out any cards! Nope, not one! I may send some very special people a letter with some pics because I know it would mean a lot to them (great-grandparents and aunts) but that's it. No cards. No fuss. No $50 on stamps, and licking and licking and licking, and no ordering the cards from Costco after spending hours either taking or picking the perfect picture. Nope, none of it! I am going to just say no to Christmas cards this year.

This girl is pretty happy about the decision she's made!

Instead of putting the energy into cards I can't decide how to address or deal with I've decided to involve the kids and spend the money and time on these wonderful people instead.

No cards, but we will be putting together a package or two and sending it. I think that will speak to my children and show them that Christmas is SO much more than "I want_________"

My heart is at rest, my decision is made.

3 comments:

Cori said...

I'm glad you've made your decision and that you're at peace with it! :)

Rachel said...

What a great idea! I love it! :-)

April said...

Good idea! You are amazing.