“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Saturday, November 8, 2008

sniffle sniffle cough cough

I've thought for a few days that V-man was coming down with something. He fell asleep the other night, Wednesday, from 4:30-6pm and then he ate dinner and went to bed at 7:30. Weird. Then last night he passed out at 7:15. Weird. Now his nose is running like a faucet and he's coughing and my throat is sore. Yuck. So I plugged in a Pedia Care Gentle Vapor thing and I have a pot on the wood burning stove filled with water, to moisten the air. He is running a low-grade fever. Oh, one of my most favorite inventions I discovered last March when I had bronchitis-Puffs with Vicks. Fantastic. So far he isn't wheezing, retracting, or flaring. Time will tell if it goes that way. He is snuggled up in jammies and his brand-new Spider-man slippers he picked out at Target a couple days ago.
Hopefully his fever does not increase. Ever since I read this study I think Brandi sent it to me, and this study it makes me weary of using either Tylenol and Motrin on my kids. I have always avoided giving any fever-relievers until temps reach 102+, that is the point with my kids that they don't function and refuse to get off the couch. They both had chronic ear infections, V-man ruptured his ear drum before he was 6 months old, so they both had to have pain relievers early on. It makes me wonder now...
I have to wonder if any of us make it through parenting without second-guessing ourselves. It's always such a fine line.
So, the sounds of our house today consist of "sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough" mommy can I have some more lemon (he loves lemon and honey tea that I make). So tweet.

Feel better little man! Girls, don't get what your brother has!

oh, and a little side note, today is a yellow day and so is tomorrow. Yucky pollution. This is why that sucks.

No comments: