“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey Day

Thanksgiving.
The meal:
19 pound turkey, roasted for 5 (ish) hours in the oven
(the very clean oven!)
Roasted Garlic mashed potatoes. (I roasted my garlic already, mmm)
I scored 10 pounds of potatoes for $1.97! You simply cannot have too much mashed potatoes!
Roasted Acorn Squash.
(I will put it in the oven for an hour tomorrow to soften it, then I'll pop them in again while the turkey is "resting" and I'll fill them with butter, nutmeg, brown sugar etc.)
Homemade Stuffing
(SO good! I make it with sausage, apples, onions, celery, etc. and it is amazing. I will put it 'together' tomorrow and then pop it in after the turkey too!)
Homemade Mac-N-Cheese
(again, simply delicious! It is so easy and you will never make boxed again. I will make it on Thanksgiving. It curdles if you make it ahead and pop it in)
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
(this is a first for me, I've always bought the cans, but I figure it can't be that hard. I got an orange and I'll put the zest in it too, mmm)
Green Bean Casserole
(of course, you cannot have Thanksgiving around here without the stuff, it would be wrong. I always use frozen green beans-never canned.)
Whole Wheat Rolls
(store bought)
Diane is making sweet potato pie. It is amazing. VERY rich. I love the stuff. She is also making a clam dip. My dad is bringing wine and beer.
I also bought a shrimp ring, because it was a good price and it will make a good appetizer.
We will go see my mother-in-law in the early afternoon :) Then come back here and eat with my dad and Di. It should be a really good day. I'm looking forward to it.

******What does YOUR menu look like???******
******Favorite dish to cook? (mine is the mashed potatoes, mmm)******
******Who will you be with?******


oh, and completely off-topic, I made Alorah's appointment with the pediatric allergy specialist. She has a 2 1/2 hour appt. scheduled for March 12th. Yes, 1/4 of the way through next year. Sigh. At least she will get it done...

1 comment:

April said...

yummy yummy in the tummy!!!