“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Year

January-
Alorah turned six
I don't remember much-
I was in a deep..deep...deep funk

February-
I realized how badly depressed, stressed out, and unhealthy I was. It was a super dark time for me. I made the call and got myself a psychiatrist AND a psychologist. It took both to pull me out. I went on Effexor. The sun began to peak out again.

March-
First week of March-I got strep
Second week of March-I got bronchitis for 2 weeks
Fourth week of Marc-I got strep again.
I was very, very, very sick. Stress=immune system malfunction apparently!

April
3rd-Orion, Levi's oldest nephew, committed suicide by hanging. Our niece found him. Hearts broke...a beautiful life was gone much too soon.
On the day of his Memorial, April 8th, Levi's dad was found dead of natural causes. We had just seen him a few days before at the viewing for Orion.
It was devastating and horrible.
My back pain started.

May
2nd-I found out I was pregnant. Shock doesn't even begin to cover it.
6th-blood work showed ominous signs this baby wasn't going to make it
Limbo...stress...unsettling feelings.

June
6th-I had a medically managed miscarriage when our second ultrasound showed no fetus.
Faith turned 8
We got Toby-girl
I cut my hair

July
Vance turned 4
5th-had a D&C for retained tissue with blood flow. Tried so hard to avoid it to no avail.
We went to Pagosa Springs
We marked 2 years since Reese's passing

August
I turned 29
My cousin came to visit
my world fell apart.
in one fail swoop.
the whole ceiling crashed in.
The girls started 1st and 2nd grade
We hiked Kiwanis for the 4th year in a row...

September
8 years of marriage
Alorah's asthma went out of control
I finally got answers about my back
I asked for a divorce

October
Needle in my spine=relief from debilitating pain for the first time since April
Life kept moving on
I kept fighting it
Alorah was put on Advair
I enrolled in my Medical Transcription course

November
Levi turned 36
I resolved myself to the divorce
Thanksgiving, family, finding myself

December
Utterly life changing
Loving the process
Accepting the changes
Embracing the future

Hope...for the first time in years.

2009-BRING IT!-it's going to be grand.
I can feel it....

4 comments:

From the View of 1336 said...

I pray Angela that you will enjoy the simple things in 2009 and a fabulous year! :)

April said...

wow, what a crazy year!

you forgot:
July
Had a blast at my 10 year HS Reunion! :)

Cori said...

Wow, what a year! I hope 2009 is the best for you and your family. *huge hugs*

mrs. reynolds said...

Hey Girl! Thinking of you! You certainly had a crazy year. Go get 'em 2009! Love you!

PS-I finally wrote on my blog! Go read!