“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tidbits

*Happy December!!! Where did this year go? A recap in January is being thought of already. It has been quite a year, goodness me!

*I put the lights on the house. Yes, ME. I got out the staple gun and went to town. It looks fantabulous if I do say so myself. Lovely. Levi bought a leaf mulcher, vacuum thing and bagged up all the leaves from the front yard. It looks pretty great out there. Backyard, yeah, let's not talk about that. Ok?

*Levi has been sick sick sick since last Tuesday. He had a fever of 101-102 from Tues-Sat. Then he felt pretty good from Sat morning until Monday morning when things went badly fast. He started to cough up some phlegm on Saturday but wasn't too alarmed. Then on Monday it was very, very orange in color, he threw up even though he was not coughing, and he had a massively bad headache. One of his co-workers ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and I knew vomiting along with his other symptoms could point to it. Back up to Weds he saw his PCP who told him he had strep and gave him 500mg of Keflex 4x daily for 10 days so he was on that. We found out yesterday that his culture for strep was absolutely negative, he never had it. So, he was on antibiotics and getting worse. Not good. He made an appt. with a NP in his doc's office for 3:40pm. I was chaperoning Alorah's class field trip to the Nutcracker at Pope Joy so I had a crazy busy morning and didn't give a whole lot of thought about Levi being sick until I got back here around 1. He just looked bad so I told him to cancel his appt. at his doc's office and I would take him to Urgent Care, I was certain they would want to do an x-ray and if we went to his doc's we would have to go down to the hospital to get an x-ray and U/C has it all in one place. He agreed and we went. His pulse-ox was 94, no fever, etc. and the doc immediately did an x-ray to see what was up. He does have pneumonia in his left lung, the area was not huge, we caught it early, but he is still miserable. He is on albuterol, robitussin w/ codeine, and a stronger antibiotic. Since 90% of all adult pneumonia is bacterial. So, even though he was on antibitotics, and strong ones at that, he still got pneumonia. Hopefully he will turn the corner soon. Alorah started in with a sore throat and neck today. I took her to her ped. and she has blisters in her throat (owch) so she probably has the beginning of the same virus he had, she said it probably won't turn into pneumonia but to watch her very closely, esp. with her asthma. Seriously people, asthma+pneumonia=SHOOT ME!

*Faith's IEP is on Friday at 8am. I'm nervous. Very nervous.

*Alorah blew a 240 on her peak flow last night. I jumped up and down with joy! She blew a 190 this morning. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*I am pooped. I am stumped on anything else to update even though I *know* there is more in there...somewhere.

I hope you and yours are doing well! I'll post pics and catch up when things get a little calmer in the *P* house.

1 comment:

April said...

Wow, that totally sucks Angela! I'm sorry. No fun with Levi being sick. Hopefully all of your kids don't get it, and Alorah's stays the same and gets better.

Amazing putting the ligths up! Growing up my Dad never put lights on our house, and I was always so upset. Finally when I was old enough I put them on!

It's crazy I read about your life, and it makes me realize how different our lives are compared to each other's. I see you as a mother with 3 kids growing up, and that is so far from what my life is. Crazy/different-that's all. Know what I mean?