“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth
"Dr. Google"
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Long overdue update!!
It feels like it's been forever and really it's only been two weeks! I am all moved in, all our stuff is unpacked, the kids are in their new school. Life has, once again, been disassembled and rearranged. The kids made the transition to their new school incredibly well. They love their new teachers and each of them has a child from the daycare in their class. There where many, many tears the Friday they said goodbye to their old school...from teachers as well as the kids and I and Levi. It was rough, to say the least. I was so worried that they would not transition well but they surprised me. Vance took a month but he is finally enjoying daycare and his class. He has friends, plays with everyone, talks up a storm, and is no longer the quiet kid in the corner. Thank goodness. My job is stressful. 12 tots or 10 infants to 2 people is a LOT of work. The ratios astound me. There is just no way to give everyone one-on-one. I run my toosh off. The apartment is fabulous. I absolutely love it. I disolve into my tub every night and wash away the germs and stress. It's lovely. Last weekend I went to see Twilight again (3rd time) and to the bar with Bronwen. That lovely runny nose/cold I came down with turned into a full fledged sinus infection so I had to go to the doc this past Wednesday. Alorah has a double ear infection, Faith has her second double ear infection, Vance has just now come down with the daycare cold. It's been rough. Doc appointments and meds and I'm OVER IT! We all need to be well, this is too stressful! Speaking of stress, single parenthood is by far THE hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am at work 8 to 10 hours a day and then come home to laundry and baths and dinner and reading and cranky kiddos, and no one to bounce any of it off of. There are many nights I just cry. It's all new and I know that is part of it but I never imagined it would be quite this hard. As much as Levi worked it was still 99% easier then this. Speaking of Levi we are getting along really well. Thanks to a little family intervention things are running smoothly between us which is great. The kids have really been doing well with the divorce. They know that it is not at all because of them and they talk about it freely. They are happy, well-rounded, spunky, delights most of the time. They have some behavioral bursts now and then but nothing major. For the most part I could not ask for the divorce to go any better then it has been. The more we just work it out and agree the better it will be for everyone and we both realize that. I'm exhausted. I know I will find my new normal soon but for now I am just plain TIRED. I bought a bunch of healthy yummy food so that I eat at least one or two meals a day, I am just so darn busy I forget a lot of times to just SIT down. I am constanty "on" at work so I find it really hard at home to just off. Hopefully I will get a computer and online next month! I miss net something crazy. Not TV, could care less really about that one. I am going to just get comcast net, phone, and network TV. We aren't there enough to use cable TV and make it worth what you pay. I'm going out w/ Rach tonight to see Confessions of a Shopoholic and to dinner and maybe to meet Jenn and Rob for coffee after. I have THE best friends in the entire world. Rach brought me dinner last week, my dad brought me dinner too and then this week showed up with groceries (just because he loves me), Nancy brought me dinner this week, I get texts all the time because people want to check in. I appreciate it. More then I could ever possibly express. I am one lucky lady. Maybe not so lucky in love, but definitely lucky in friendship and family!!! Hopefully that love thing will work out one day. I hope so. Very much. I will close for now. Hopefully I'll update again next week. UPDATE ME peeps!!! Tell me how you are and what you are up to!!! I don't have much time to surf around for updates so tell me, what's new???
Labels:
update
2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that you're settling in. It sounds super stressful though, so I hope you get into your groove soon.
Ang,
You asked for an update, so here goes....
Things sound really good for you, I am so glad. The whole sickness thing - I think it happens to everyone when they are first exposed to all the extra germs in daycares/schools - It got Aubrey last year in kindy AND me and Lauren when I worked at my friend's in-home daycare last winter. It was rough, but *knock-on-wood* so far the only real illness we're battling right now is my morning sickness. I'm almost out of my first tri, and hopeful then my sickness will be done. I'm taking zophran 'as needed', and when it works, it doesn't work well, and the side effects are driving me crazy. Oh well, it'll pass. :-)
Our move to NM will detour through TX for about 2 years, and we'll hopefully be moving in April. I can't wait.
Umm, what else. Lauren turned 3 last weekend. But if you ask her how old she is, she says "underwear and a half" - she is so nutty! And, my bunny that should've been fixed before I adopted her wasn't, so she and my rescued bunny made babies - want a bunny? :-)
Post a Comment