Levi and I have been separated for almost 5 months and this still does not seem real. As much as we both want things to be done it is still hard. This apartment is next to my work, the kids new school is just down the road, which centralizes life ultimately making it more manageable. I have to take my lease to the school this week, I want the girls to start next Monday. They are excited. Through everything Levi and I have worked hard, despite the tension, to not bad mouth each other. They know that Mommy has a new apartment and that Daddy will stay here with Toby and that they will see Daddy and Mommy through the week. I went down and had the petition for the divorce filed, I go next week to draw the papers. Then I will give them to Levi and he will go over them with his lawyer and his Mom and Wes. I did not ask for alimony, he keeps the house, I get the van, custody is never set in stone but I asked that they are with him every weekend for whichever 24 hour period he chooses, that he take them to dinner any night of the week, and for him to have them from Fri-Mon one weekend a month. For now, since he is in school, hopefully that will work out. I also told him that this summer we can probably work in one more night/wk that they spend the night w/ him. I just want this to be as kind and painless as possible, for all of our sakes. We have been able to communicate this past week, which has helped a lot. I don't care how you cut it though, there is nothing easy about any of this. I am sitting here surrounded by boxes and the pieces of my old life all around. I am excited to move on, to find my new normal, to get into a routine. I am not excited for the divorce itself, or being alone, or having to figure out my life without my other half. Even though we haven't been together we still have had that physical presence. If that makes sense... Our own rooms, and lives, and stuff going on but a common ground too. Change. There are always positives and negatives. My job is going really well. I love it. Vance hates daycare, but he is slowly warming up. And by slowly I mean maybe by the time he starts kindy he will actually talk to his teachers at daycare. He is just so used to having me with him all the time. It's a lot to adjust to. I take him to lunch every day though, that is our time, and he loves it. The girls LOVE daycare. Seriously. They can't get enough. They have friends, the staff loves them, and they get to make awesome stuff and play with new toys. Faith loves the arts and crafts, Alorah loves home living. I love the baby room. I feel like I'm getting into a groove, the babies are beautiful, and the co-worker drama has smoothed out, thankfully! I have to say, I absolutely love my apartment. Truly. I walk in and I feel at home. I went last night and took a bath in my ginormous bathtub. Moved in my Scentsy (proud of me Brandi?!), and my stereo. The complex is stunning, quiet, and the apartment is huge! It is 1350 sqft. Yeah...I kind of love it. The kids got to see it yesterday together after I got my keys. My dad, Diane, Bronwen, Rach, and Levi got to see it too. Next Sat. my dad is coming over with the moving van and help, plus Levi's stepdad and brother are helping, so we should knock out moving pretty fast. It's easier when there is just half the stuff to move. I don't know when I will get cable and net. It will probably be a couple weeks but I will try to get on and post some more pics. The kids rooms are next to each other, mine is by the living room. The washer and dryer are included in the unit, which I LOVE. I worked 50 hours last week, the last thing I have time for is a laundry mat! Hopefully everyone can come over at some point and have coffee! I will try to put something together soon, and Jess I will see you on the 15th!




6 comments:
I love your apt pics!! Looks like a great place!! Can't wait to see it all decorated! I am glad things are going as smoothly as can be with Levi. It is great for the sake of the kids! Huggles to you!
Ang,
The apartment is so nice! I'm very impressed! You are rockin' it girl!
My one suggestion would be to have your divorce decree very specific, then you can always deter from that if you feel comfortable. For example, my decree states that Evan has the boys every other weekend (Fri. eve to Mon. morn.) and every Wednesday evening. We alter this all the time, but if I had an issue with him I could go back to the basics. Anyway, just my .02
I hope the transitioning continues to go well for you and the kids. (((HUGS)))
What a beautiful place! It looks like a great home for you and the kids.
I hope that things continue to go smoothly. *hugs*
I know that this is hard on you, and I'm sorry.
But at the same time, I am SO happy for you and proud of you and I know you will be happier in the end.
Your apartment is very nice!! And I am glad things are going well for you overall.
((hugs))
wow. one step at a time, and look at where all of these steps have gotten you! I'm so proud of you, and as you continue taking one step at a time, you'll see just how far you have come! hopefully the next time i'm in albuq. we can get together.
Welcome home Mama!! How's the moving in going? Love the sunlight coming in.
Post a Comment