“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Round of Sickies

Since I started working in January we have all been sick. Faith has had 2 ear infections, Alorah has had an ear infection, Vance had a never-ending cold, and I had that sinus infection. Let's add Strep Throat for all the kids and another ear infection for Faith. Sure, why not. Ugh. Faith started with a fever and a bad headache on Sunday. She and Vance stayed with Levi that night and did great yesterday. Faith woke up with a sore throat this morning but she ate and did not have a fever so I gave her motrin and told her to go to the nurse if she felt unwell. When she got to daycare she had another headache so I asked them to check her temp, 99.4. 2 hours later when we got home it was 103. I had already made an appointment at After Hour's Peds when I was on lunch for 6:30pm. Thank goodness. Her left ear is infected again, she said there was a raging infection, bless her heart and she came back positive for strep. Having gone through strep with my kids a time...or 20...I asked that she please test the other two so we checked them in and sure enough they both have it too. I was going to have my mom watch Faith and still go to work but obviously that was not going to work. Levi is swamped at work because of the high school basketball tournaments at the Pit and my mom simply cannot watch all 3 kids when they are all sick. I called in and explained the situation, thankfully my boss took it well. I'm not thrilled about loosing a whole days pay but that's the way it goes with kids. Levi did go get their prescriptions and bring them over, which was extremely helpful. I am exhausted. I miss the days of someone getting sick not being a huge event that requires a whole lot of help and planning to get through.

Sidenote: Vance, while I was taking a bath, decided to mess with his nightlight in his room. I guess he zapped himself. Scared the crap out of him. He was so traumatized. Lessen learned I guess. He said it hurt his feelings.

Oh, and they all slept in their own beds all night last night and this mommy got a fantastic nights sleep!!!!

1 comment:

A Clear, Brilliant Glass said...

Oh man, you've got your hands full. I hope they all starting feeling better today!