“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth
"Dr. Google"
Sunday, October 25, 2009
asthma+penumonia=bad
I was at the hospital with Alorah for most of the day. From noon-4:45. She woke up having a severe attack. I nebbed her 4 times between 7:45am and 10:45am and I gave her steroids. It didn't matter. She was still hacking up a lung and wheezing like nobodies business. She could not stop and I was scared. I waivered on whether or not to take her in. Ultimately I knew she needed to be seen. Nothing we were going at home was helping. When we got there her pulse ox was 95% which is acceptable but when you think of all the meds she was on it really wasn't all that great. They came in and she had decreased breath sounds on in her lower lobes. Not good. So she sent for a chest x-ray and in the mean time we did a treatment with atrovent and albuterol. They took her stats 15 after and she was still at 94%. The doc came in and said she was sure she had pneumonia even if the x-ray didn't catch it and gave her a scrip for zythromax and instructions to see her ped in the morning and to neb her every 4 hours until then. When she listened to her before we left the atrovent had opened her lungs up enough to finally wheeze in her lower lobes. Yes, sometimes wheezing is a GOOD thing. As is the case when you are not moving air. At all. She is still breathing very, very hard and coughing. A lot. I still have to work tomorrow for a little bit but my dad's girlfriend is going to watch her for me after we see the doc. We have our national accreditation assessment tomorrow. My boss is ticked I have to miss any of the day. I feel bad but...my kids has PNEUMONIA!!! This. Sucks.
Labels:
alorah asthma
3 comments:
Praying Alorah heals quickly from this pneumonia. Poor girl and poor you. It's so tough when you have to work and your kiddo is sick. I wish your boss was more understanding.
*hugs*
wow Ang, that super sucks. i'm sorry. i hope Alorah gets better soon!
prayers, hugs and healing thoughts to you and Alorah. That really, really stinks.
Post a Comment