“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth
"Dr. Google"
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Snuggle blanket
Vance is finally sleeping in his own bed 100% of the time all night every night. To not have little feet kicking me all night, to be able to spread out in my King size bed. PRICELESS. For the first time in 9 years no little people are in my bed. I loved that chapter, I really did, but I am the first to admit that I am glad it is over. Vance stayed much, much longer then my girls. They were out at 2. He is 5. It was long overdue. He was 2 when I lost Reese. I needed to snuggle with him after I lost her and after my miscarriage last year. I wasn't ready to let go and I don't think he was either. I loved waking up to his little face, excited to greet the day and play. He was ready to move on and just like breastfeeding, his pacifier, and his many cycles of toy love (elmo, little people, trains, and now hotwheels) when he is done with something he is done. There is no going back. It just has to be HIS idea. He is so my child... The other night he was sad about going to bed and insisted he needed a soft fuzzy snuggle blanket like his sisters. The next day I went and bought him one. A chocolate brown twin size blanket. He loves it. So sweet. He had a slumber party in the living room the other night and cuddled up in it. We have a plethera of blankets, believe me! He just needed a softie that was his. He has been begging me for a Snuggie blanket. He almost has me sold. Not quite tho lol. My kiddos are growing up. sigh.
Labels:
Vance
2 comments:
Congrats Vance!!!
wow. it is so crazy that you have these 3 little kids! growing up, living lives. i hope to one day have kids to experience what you are experiencing.
Post a Comment