I wrote this shortly after Faith was born and submitted it to a website, it got posted. I found it (the paper I wrote it on) recently. Such sweetness. I cannot believe she is almost 10...
The Dance
Angela P.
It's a dance that we do
Kept between you and I
No one else has a clue
You give me the signal with your eye
I put you to my breast
you suckle and dream
In a perfect rest
others look at us, their eyes gleam
I wish I had breastfed
one mom confides
I kiss your sweet head
not sure how to reply
You smile your sweet smile
and latch back on
my heart swells all the while
I have loved this all along
The dance that we dance
perfect harmony and rhythm
some only get a glance
they look at us unable to phathom
5 comments:
so beautiful, i'm in tears.
that's beautiful, Angela, thanks for sharing it.
Hey, I stumbled upon a blog with a recipe for gluten free (high protien, too) cookies. http://hannahs-harvest.blogspot.com/2010/01/thoughts-for-tuesday.html :-)
Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.
That is a really lovely poem.
Post a Comment