I made this for Levi's work "Cinco De Dip Day" last week, it was a huge hit which left me breathing a huge sigh of relief considering I threw it together in 15 minutes in the middle of a very busy day.
3 large avocados- peeled and chopped and mixed until smooth in the food processor
cumin, lime, salt (I use pink Himalayan salt), and garlic powder, mix in the FP until all is smooth.
okay, I got to this part and thought "well, crap, that's not nearly enough, gotta think fast". I knew I had chickpeas...soooo
I took the avocado out of the FP and set it aside.
I drained and dumped in the chickpeas in the fp, turned it on, and added really GOOD extra virgin olive oil until the chickpeas were smooth. Then I added in lemon juice and and tahini sauce and garlic cloves. I'm terrible about measuring...I added it until it tasted right! Use your best judgement, go slow, you can always add more, you can't take it out! I love to make hummus now that I have the FP, it is out of this world yummy from scratch! Plus you can play with the ingredients. I love to roast garlic and throw it in. mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm good.
Then I mixed the two together by hand and wha-la. It made plenty and it tasted pretty darn good. I drizzled the olive oil on it and added paprika for garnish :) I thought maybe the olive oil would throw people off, it is the traditional way to serve hummus and I happen to love the way it is served. When Levi and I returned an hour later (we went to lunch during the dip day feast) my dip was absolutely gone! So, have fun. Serve with veggies, pita bread, or chips. It's good for you, too :) happy eating.
1 comment:
sounds yummy!
I love hummus, and after having homemade, it's so much better than store bought. I like just a dash of cayenne in mine, so it's almost spicy. :-) Now I gotta go buy some tahini!
Post a Comment