have you ever been out-of-commission for a long time ? Say..months? Has your house ever fallen apart around you. Messes at every turn that overwhelm you and completely exhaust you just thinking about tackling them? I would say that this house has not been this clean since '08. I have been tackling it one room at a time. First the bathrooms (small and easy), then closets, then the living room, then the laundry room, then my room, then the kitchen. The only room left is Vance's room. The rest of the house is spotless.
It feels ammmmmmazing. So fresh. It is a fresh start. I spent hours upon hours scrubbing, organizing, and throwing stuff away. The outcome is SO worth it.
So, for those of you who saw my house is utter disarray and horribly messy thank-you for still loving me in spite of the house. I am finally healed enough from back surgery that I CAN clean. Now that it is clean I have the kids on board and I am militant. This house WILL stay clean, just like it was from the time they were all born until '08. It
was never messy, I have always insisted on keeping a clean home and now I have that back and I refuse to ever let it backslide again. Also, for some reason, if I make my bed every day the house stays clean. I have no idea why. I also refuse to go to bed until the dishes are done, I hate waking to a messy kitchen. Starting each day fresh is so important. The kids are beyond thrilled. They remember the house clean and dirty and they unanimously prefer it clean and they aren't giving me any flack about keeping it this way. It really is a happy feeling.
1 comment:
What an amazing view you have out of your dining room window!! Lucky bugger :D
Great blog by the way!
Post a Comment