“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gnomeo & Juliet, haircuts, mommy melt-down, I-hop, & all that jazz

Today was one of those days.  We had ups and downs and everything in between.  We left the house at 10:00, not bad considering the girls and I got up and showered at 9am.  We went to I-hop for breakfast, which was a HUGE treat.  We don't eat out, student loans make for a very tight budget, but we still have to live and after 4 weeks of spending every day off of school, including snow days, stuck in the house I knew we all needed a day OUT.  Well, I know I most certainly did!  So we went to breakfast and the kids were incredibly excited about getting to eat a "Silly Face" and "baby five" pancakes for breakfast.  Afterward we went to see Gnomeo and Juliet, super cute I must admit, there was just enough "adult humor" to keep me entertained without being disgusted.  They found a good balance.  (by the way the new Smurfs movie coming this summer has me beyond giddy!!).  After the movie we went to Super Cuts, Vance was in desperate need of a haircut and I finally had the money to get it done.  The 45 minute wait was less than fun, however we did find a FUN activity to do in one of the magazines which is our project for tomorrow.  More on that in the future :)  We went to the store after his haircut and I bought Funyons, something I rarely ever buy but they love them and I figured "oh what the hell".  When we got home Alorah ripped the bag out of Vance's hands sending him into a tizzy, then after I settled that argument I put one bowl on the counter while searching for another one and she ripped that one out of his hands as well.  I LOST it.  I slammed two bowls down, then slammed the cabinet, and yelled how I had spent more money on them then I have been able to in MONTHS and it wasn't enough, how they should appreciate things, etc.  Vance started crying.  I felt awful.  I hugged him and we had a big talk about yelling and how I feel the same way he does when he yells at me and we made a NO YELLING pact.  After they ate funyons and everyone calmed down Vance helped me with dishes and making pizza dough. We ended the night on an upswing of homemade pizzas and ice cream cones.  I'm not perfect.  I love these kids with everything I am but sometimes, especially when I am exhausted and stressed and just plain burned out I loose my shit.  I never hit but yelling...well, I need to work on that.  For the record I never yelled until Vance came along...and to be exact until Vance turned 3ish.  The girls never pushed me as hard as he does, they listened and even when they didn't...well...I wasn't this freaking stressed OUT.  Tomorrow we will work on our really cool project, we will go to Dad & Diane's, and we will have a calm day with NO yelling.  Actually, I am about to start a jelly bean jar project for yelling for all of us.

No comments: