“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Monday, February 28, 2011

Memory Monday

Sigh, this picture holds such a sweet memory for me.  Dad, Diane, Faith, and Levi and I went to Il Vicino to eat dinner and she nursed and passed out for the bulk of the meal.  That sweet pull-over was one of my favorites.  It was from Old Navy and so soft.  She wore it all the time.  I believe she was 4 months old in this picture.  She loved her key ring and I can tell you the exact Gap outfit she is wearing (that I scored at a used children's clothing store for $4.00).  She was the easiest baby, so happy and calm.  It wasn't until her baby sister came raging into the world that I realized exactly how calm Fafers was ;)  I know that I ordered a pizza and salad, and water w/ extra lemon.  I know that she is wearing shoes because she wore shoes every day from the day she left the hospital.  I was neurotic about keeping her feet covered.  As cute as little baby toes are crib shoes were incredibly important to me and she was great about keeping shoes and socks on as she got older.  She has quite an affection for shoes!  It is amazing how much you can remember so many years later.  Sweet Fafers Nicole.  I love you to the moon and the sun and the stars and the sky.  Thank-you for teaching me how to be a Mommy.  

3 comments:

mosey said...

okay, I LOVE this idea, you need to make yourself a button and invite other blogs to join you and share! I would DELIGHT in going backwards and writing out some of my favorite memories!

reflections said...

oh my gosh I need someone who KNOWS how to make buttons (and layouts) that doesn't charge $300 EEEGADDS! I want to make one because truly I think it is such a gift to give your children...and such a wonderful way to start your week. Tell me how or who I can get to do it! I would LOVE to share this love with all of blogger-land!

mosey said...

I can make a button for you easily, I won't charge you $300 either! haha!

I can then e-mail you the button and the directions on how to link it back to your blog! Just e-mail me a picture (if that is what you want to use) and the text you want on it!