“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cross your toes people....

I called Alorah's allergist (whom I really respect even though allergy testing, especially intradermal testing, is awful stuff) to see what her opinion is regarding allergy shots.  I have not taken her since November because Alorah's asthma has not been stable and I remember reading, in the material setting up the shots, that they cannot be done when a childs asthma is not controlled. I called to double check and to see what she thought we should do. The nurse relayed info and called me back saying that Alorah cannot go back for shots until her asthma is well-controlled.  She told me that her allergist thinks she may be a good candidate for National Jewish Hospital.  I contacted her Ped, she needs a referal from him, and I also called her Pulmo because getting insurance to approve this requires his support (pulmo and ped-ped needs letter from pulmo stating need for this step).  Please, please cross your fingers and toes that we can explore this option.  I am still going to fight for Xolair but it is a very hard thing to get approved for kids Alorah's age and I'm not sure we have many options here for her care.  I am exploring some other options (more Eastern than Western) but getting her into Nat'l Jewish would be a HUGE blessing and maybe...just maybe....this is the key to getting her better.  I am trying not to get my hopes up, and I didn't, until I looked at the website and wow...just...wow.  I had no idea such a place even existed and it is not far from home, a pretty quick drive from here. 
so cross...your...TOES!!!!

No comments: