“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth
"Dr. Google"
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Rescue Remedy
I had never heard of this little wonder until last Spring when I was having Core Synchronization done (which is amazing, fantastic, wonderful and if you can try it please do. If you would like more information on it feel free to ask or if there is enough interest I will do a post about it). My therapist recommended Rescue Remedy to help with the trauma in all of our lives. Since that first purchase I have used it often. A bottle has lasted a year, it's effects are profound. It is hard for me to explain how it works. I believe we work through a lot of stuff in our dreams. Fears, hopes, etc. I give it to my children to help with stress (which I know they all feel). They all have different experiences with it. Faith almost always has a bad dream (and she knows she can come crawl in my bed), Alorah is just calmer and she doesn't have dreams, Vance melts down and usually gets more angry for a little bit. I have been using it more often with him trying to find a point where it brings out a different emotion other than anger (though I DO think it is good for him to get the anger out). Last night the anger finally gave way to intense sadness. He was able to express how he feels clearly about the very hard things going on in our lives. Seeing him in pain, not being able to make it better, having to just sit with him and be "in" it was tough. I had a hard time keeping myself together. I reassured him that it is okay to be sad, I answered his questions, I held him as the tears fell hot and heavy on his cheeks. He woke up sad, you can see it in his eyes, I am hoping we can get to a place of acceptance and more happiness. A child should simply not have to deal with all of this. We have an appointment with a child psychologist in April..just Vance and I. It was the breakthrough I have been waiting for. I knew it was there, I am just glad I was there when it happened. Once you get a reaction I was told it is best not to use it for awhile, and then try again when the effects seem to have worn off. That has been how I use it, and it is just intuition that guides me. I don't use it very often but when I do it always, always has an effect. The kids know that they might have a nightmare but they welcome the drops, tongues up even though it doesn't taste good and "burns" a little bit. I use the regular strength, it has alcohol in it but I doubt 4 tiny drops are in any way harmful. I use it myself and I always have vivid dreams and a small break in the intense sadness I, myself, am dealing with. The kid brand doesn't have any alcohol in it. If you are dealing with a lot of stress and trauma it certainly can't hurt. I am only journaling about it because I have used it for almost a year and I feel confident that it has helped our family. Just know that you may have some very uncomfortable dreams but I have noticed that after I dream my fears my anxiety about them calms down. Plus my reoccurring dream has finally stopped....for years I had a dream about a rattle snake. I would get myself between the snake and my children and in every dream the snake bit my hand. It didn't hurt, the dream just stopped there. I have not had the dream since starting RR.
4 comments:
Interesting! I don't think I really understand what it is. How does it work? Eating something that elicits an emotional response? I'm intrigued.
I honestly don't know how it works...all I know is that it does. It creates a reaction with all of them, and it is fascinating. It just works....I wish I could explain it. If nothing else give it a shot!
It is an herbal tincture. I used it while I was in labor with Albert. Loved it.
Lacey, have you used it since or on any of your kiddos? I may pick up some Star of Bethlehem for myself and for Vance, on its own I think it may be very helpful. RR comes in several forms, I use the tincture-guess I should have clarified and I never dilute it. I always put 4 drops under the tongue.
Post a Comment