I got up, got the kids breakfast, almost threw-up from stress, got everyone out the door at 7:50 so I could drop Faith & Vance with Rach (so she could take them to school for me-bless her!), get to the hospital at 8:20. Awesome, this appointment is kicking MY ass, but we are on time and we have everything we need. Asthma bag? check. Insurance Card? check. Coffee (for my killer headache)? check. Book for Alorah? check. I sign in and wait. Fill out the new patient packet and wait. Then I get called up to the desk. Alorah's appointment was set up as a "consultation" and there is no insurance approval for the injection. What.The.HELL. Okay people, I handed them the paper prescription for the medication. Put that baby in their hands to fill (because they have to fill it at a hospital pharmacy). Why in the hell would I give them that prescription written by her Pulmo if the appointment was not FOR that medication to be given to my daughter? How does that even compute??? I wasted my time. I wasted Rach's time. I am beyond annoyed. The infusion center is right next door to her Pulmo's office....how in the heck was there miscommunication when you exit one door and enter the next??? Ugh. So we leave and I take Alorah to school and go drink more coffee at Starbucks (cheap coffee, I can't afford anything but plain black coffee which is fine by me) because I don't have the energy to run home and refill my coffee mug and the coffee at home is cold anyway and I don't have a microwave and it's cold and I wanted HOT coffee. And. I call Rach and commiserate and thank her for taking the kids to school (btw she is totally getting skinny, if you haven't seen her lately-wowsa...no tuna this time either...right Rach ;) I love you!!!). I go to class and I'm still trying not to heave (I don't know if the xanax I took last night b/c I was so stressed about Alorah's xolair didn't agree with me or what but I feel awful today) and my head is pounding and I'm actually grateful for this moment that I am in a self-paced class because I can go take my test at the testing center when I'm NOT trying not to heave and my head is NOT pounding out of my skull. The wind is absolutely awful, it's kicking up all kinds of crap so I go to Alorah's school and get her after I get out of class. The steroids the past two times she has been on them have caused full body aches. So bad that I can barely hug her :( Her legs hurt, her sides hurt, she hurts. I asked her Ped about it and he said it is a s/e but not a common one. Breaks my heart, she and I actually had a crying jag on the kitchen floor yesterday about Asthma....it was good for both of us to just get it out. She cried and I cried and then I ran her a warm bubble bath and all was right with the world for a little while. After they went to bed I had an anxiety attack over all of it (hence the xanax) and slept terribly. Bad dreams suck. I keep having this dream that I can't breathe and I wake up freaking out. So today was a bust but she is home, her Peak Flows are good (thank-you-steroids-even-though-we-hate-you), and she is adjusting to life with a mask on (pollen, germs, etc. she can't afford to get sick right now and the pollen counts have been ridiculous). I got a call from the IC to tell me that she is on the schedule for 9:30am tomorrow and that her case is "in review" with insurance and that she will call me later to tell me how that turns out. It is out of my hands.
Can we get a re-do?
1 comment:
I'm sorry that it's been such a crappy day. I'm even sorrier that it's been such a crappy past few years. I've said it several times and I'll say it until I die - I wish I could take it away or make it better. And you didn't waste my time. I was happy to help and I'm always happy to help and my kids were so happy to see Faith and Vance. Thank you for the sweet comments about my weight loss - they totally made my day. I can't promise I won't do the tuna thing again. $1000 would come in quite handy right now. :-P I love you!!!!!!
Post a Comment