Summer is over. It went by SO fast. I found Faith's floor this weekend, that was pretty much my highlight of my summer vacation. I took 4 bags of trash and several boxes of donation items out of her room (with her help, and she did really well with letting stuff go. Alorah, ooohweee, she does not let things go without a lot of effort). Faith, turns out, likes to make her room *look* clean by stuffing stuff in the most random places!! Behind her shelves, under her armoire, in toy bins, just everywhere. In every nook and cranny. I found no less than 40 socks. Now that I know this little secret, I am determined to break her of it. Frankly I was grossed out.
Classes start today. I am sad that I could not take as many hours as I had planned, the open-ended nature of Alorah's trip to Denver made it impossible. In fact I will miss the first 3 (at least) of my biomedical ethics class. I have already read the first 3 sections of the book...fascinating. I have a very detailed email in to my professor and I hope they will work with me. If not I have no choice but to drop the class and take it next semester. I am actually really excited for these classes. Although flipping through The Bedford Handbook I realized I did not miss that book all these years. At all!
As always my next semester depends on where things go with Alorah. We are set-up with a long-term case manager so that going through all the paperwork to get back up there will not be so drawn out next time. Most likely this will not be her only trip, this is under the umbrella of diagnostics. There will, in all likelihood, be follow-ups with her team up there. She has been doing well lately. She had a hiccup and hit high 80's with her pulse-ox this weekend, along with a very high heart rate, but her AAP stabilized her rather quickly. She has had more good days than bad lately and we have made it almost 8 weeks without steroids (which is HUGE). As much as the mask just makes me sad it is working, as is the daily neb treatment (that I loathe. She is just not the same Alorah on albuterol all the time, it has been very trying). In one month we will be in Denver.
This is more of an update than a Memory Monday.
A decade ago school did not, at all, entice me. Now I can't wait. Next semester the kiddos will go to daycare, I will take 12-15 hours. I have to get through a few bio classes, political science, another psych class, and an elective. It doesn't sound like a lot. It is. One step at a time. I am actually looking forward to getting back into my school routine.

No comments:
Post a Comment