This week I am cleaning the kids rooms. DEEP cleaning them. I used to do it every other month when they were little, I don't keep toys or things that do not get played with. There is no point. I have not been able to do this since just before my surgery in September so you can imagine the "stuff stuffed behind/in between/inside" because really the trashcan in the kitchen is just too far away. Yesterday I did Alorah's room. She had "cleaned" it this weekend and I went through and RE-cleaned it. I found missing socks, trash, trash, and more trash. It is sparkling clean now.
This is the mess I am currently tackling:
Yes, he has a floor. He doesn't sleep in there, he sleeps with me, I would never let a child sleep on a mattress sans pad and sheet. By the way his bed WAS made, until the three of them UNmade it. He has a severe lack of storage and 50% of his toys he has outgrown so I am weeding out garage sale toys. There are many, many, many. I will be very happy when his room is clean. He can play in it, and the old toys that he hasn't touched in way too long are gone (I will never, ever get rid of his Thomas trains or tracks...they are going into storage). I just wish I didn't have to deal with this mess!
He says he will sleep in there when it is clean. I'm holding him to that. His bed needs a box spring, which will happen soon, and then hopefully I will get my bed back! Wish me luck..I need it!

No comments:
Post a Comment