“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Sunday, June 12, 2011

11 years in the blink of an eye

 This beautiful young lady made me the luckiest Mama in the whole world.  6 pounds 10oz and 19" of pure love.  I was 20 (she was conceived 6 weeks after my 20th birthday) and had a horrible pregnancy with her.  When she was placed on my chest and I fell in complete and utter love with her I remember saying "I can't wait to do this again!"  She is such a blessing.  
 How 11 years have gone by astounds me.  My baby is a tween, and boy are those hormones starting to roll on in.  WOW!  I have been a little shocked to see her explode at her siblings, she is so calm most of the time. The claws come out every now and then now.  Teen years are going to be somethin' else! 
 A wonderful woman asked if we wanted her to snap a pic!  I said absolutely!  Unfortunately the shirt I am wearing makes me look pregnant (which would be quite literally impossible) and it was unflattering so I cropped.  I own it.  I'm vain. 
 We painted pottery at a wonderful local art place.  SO much fun.  It is pricey but with big kids who will remember the experience and thoroughly enjoy it I think it is a fantastic birthday treat!  (I didn't 'hawk" Vance's hair today) We all painted :D  I will share as soon as we get them back from being fired!
 She picked two dolphins (a mom and baby) riding a wave.
After Art Attack my dad and Di took Faith to pick out a cowgirl hat (one of her birthday wishes...along with cash) and then we met back up at Jason's Deli for dinner (yummmmmmmmmmmm).  We wrapped up the day with a stop at Grandma Judy's, she had a big box of new clothes for the girls.  My Mom is taking her to the book store tomorrow for some one-on-one time <3  She is one loved kiddo, for sure!  She also got to talk to her Dad twice.  He is still in the hospital and he wrote her a special birthday note which Papa Wes and Grandma Judy brought by.  

The days are long, the years are short.
Hold those babies tight!!!!

No comments: