“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Knowing when to fold!

Isn't that some key to success in poker?  I wouldn't know, having never actually played poker.  I digress.  Chemistry is EVIL.  I am dropping it.  sigh.  I don't want to, it is going to push me back for applying to the nursing program but this weekend spent studying for both a chem and bio exam has my head spinning.  I have exams in every class this week.  I am going to drop Chem, focus on Biology, and then most likely I will take a lower Chem class so that I have a better foundation for next time I try to take it.  I was not prepared for how fast it is taught, lack of homework, etc.  The failure rate is 70%.  I don't want to get a C, I want to get an A and that is going to take a LOT of dedication, time, effort, and tutoring.  Things I simply do not have time for right now if I want to get good grades in all my classes.

Navigating college is such a blast.  Just when you think you have it figured out-you are kicked in the arse and forced to realize that NOPE, you don't!!  Try again.

(p.s. trying to date is very low on my list of priorities, I seriously don't have time, but I have to put myself out there at some point...)

No comments: