
Levi and the kiddos went to get Toby on Thursday evening. I was still very groggy and out of it, which took 2 days to completely come out of. I hate that feeling, like your head is not part of your body, yuck. My dad came over and we opened Vance's presents and had dinner. He had a great birthday, we got him HUGE cupcakes from Costco and he loved all his gifts. The first night with Toby girl was super long, esp. for Levi. She hadn't had enough activity. She was up every 2 1/2 hours to pee and then she'd cry and whine in her kennel for at least 30/45 minutes before she'd fall asleep only to wake up to pee an hour and a half later. Poor Levi was pooped on Friday. He took a nap that morning and really needed it. I woke up in a lot of pain on Friday morning but took some medication she prescribed and felt better. I did a bunch of laundry and chores and the rest of the day I was in a lot of pain and absolutely miserable. We where all in bed by 8pm on the 4th of July. We'll celebrate next year. It's always bittersweet anyway because we found out Reese died the day after the 4th in 2006. Toby did better that night but Levi still had to do all the nighttime duty. Saturday I rested and took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. I didn't do much at all and Levi and the kids played with Toby. The doxycycline made me very ill which wasn't fun at all. Sunday I felt quite a bit better. I did a bunch of grocery shopping and Levi did some yard work and fixed the cabinet door in the hall that had come off its hinges. Overall it would have been a much better weekend if I hadn't had to have the d&c but that's the way it goes I guess. Last night Toby slept from 9:30pm-5:30am, which was fantastic lol. Here are some 4th of July weekend '08 pics.

Not planning on getting into the habit of her sleeping in our bed! She has a perfectly good kennel/crate/den thing and that is where she needs to be but this was too cute.

Faith munching lunch on the 4th

Alorah, dear, windowsills are not chairs! She looks too cute though

Vance opening his gift from Papa. (this was the same day as surgery, hence why I look absolutely terrible)

So exciting!

1 comment:
Great pictures! Hope you re feeling 100% by now. I am sorry you had to go through all of that. Toby is cutie! Enjoy :).
Post a Comment