“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Getaway

My dad and Diane are taking the kids for a weekend, the 25-27th of July. I was hoping for 4 days, but I know that is asking a lot. Logistically going to Vegas turned out to be too much of a headache for a 2 day whirlwind mini-vacation. We started exploring other options of where to go and ended up booking a suite at The Springs Resort in Pagosa Springs Colorado. Click right here for information on where we are staying. My dad will pick up the kids on Friday afternoon and return them Sunday night. We are going to do something Friday night, we've talked about taking the Tram up to the peak and eating at Sandiago's (yummy food). We are going to get up early Saturday morning and drive to Pagosa. I want to go to Mesa Verde too, but we'll see. We got a really nice room at the resort that is right at the Springs. We'll check out the town of Pagosa and hang out on Saturday. Then we'll check-in and have a great night. We have to check out by 11am on Sunday but we can use the pools until 6pm on Sunday so that is fine. My dad is going to let us take his PT Cruiser, and he'll take the van, so we won't go broke on gas, lol. It's about a 4 hour drive, not too bad.

I think we both really, really need this....

No comments: