“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

RaNdOm TiDbItS

First, Happy Birthday Brandi! I hope you have a great day!!!!
Randomness:
Has anyone seen Vance's other Spiderman slipper? No? darn. Please come back spidy!
I have a million trillion things to do for Thanksgiving. Sigh
Like buying a foil roasting pan, because ours is too small for a 20 pound turkey.
Speaking of Turkeys, I will never buy a frozen one. Ever again. Did that 3 years ago and the middle didn't cook.
I'll spare you the details, we eventually got it cooked, after we carved it to find, well yuck.
Last year, after I learned that valuable lesson, that I probably did not let it thaw enough, I bought a Foster Farms
fresh turkey from Costco. Omg, it was worth every penny and it turned out perfect.
They are more, about $.90 a pound instead of $.30-.40 but it is the best turkey ever. Nice and moist. Yum.
and I bought a digital thermometer. Actually, this one. Which worked wonderfully, and kept me sane!
Today I have to go buy a few things I couldn't last week. Rolls, celery, and a few odds and ends.
I don't want to though. I want to stay in my nice warm house. They are predicting snow sometime this weekend.
Living here as long as I have, I'll believe that one when I see it.
I love Thanksgiving. So much. The food, the people.
The traditions. We always put our tree up that night. After the dishes are done and the food is put away.
We get out the tree and decorate it. I know, a lot to pack into one day. It's just, I can't stand not to!
I'm also odd in that I like the Christmas tree to be taken down ON Christmas night. By then I have had it.
We had to buy an artificial tree because of the asthma issues in our house.
I love that thing. Never thought I would but I do!
I bought it off QVC of all places.
I have not bought any of the kids "big" gifts. I feel like I am seriously slacking.
Vance is getting a Leapster. The girls are getting MP3 players and maybe digital cameras.
They aren't getting much else besides those things.
I'm okay with that.
I passed a house on the way to drop the girls off today. It has a big red sign on the door.
and there was a bunch of stuff thrown on the lawn. I'm guessing it got foreclosed.
It made me very sad. Where will that family spend the holidays?
It made me grateful too.
Heidi and Spencer, of The Hills, got married. No family, no friends, but somehow a camera crew.
That also made me very sad. What a way to start out...
Today I realized, again, how glad I am that I got the girls ears pierced when they where infants.
They wore heart and star sterling silver earrings Rach got them. Adorable.
My second set of course material, though it shipped a week ago, is still not here. I'm 3 weeks behind.
Infuriating.
I will get a lot done on Sunday, I hope.
I'm really feeling weird about my life right now. When I get like this, I get quiet. I don't know what to say about it. I'm just overwhelmingly sad. I will be okay, and back to normal, soon.

4 comments:

April said...

I'm so excited to decorate my house for Christmas! My house goes completely transformed. My parents leave late Saturday night, so I get so spend all day Sunday putting up decorations!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry this holiday season is a hard one for you--I hope it gets a little easier and a little less sad. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday week.

Brandi said...

Thank you. :) lots of love to you. :)

Natasha said...

I am sorry you are feeling weird/sad. I know that your will be ok but it is still hard to see you have to go through a rough time time. For what it is worth, I am proud of you for doing so well..for moving forward and working so hard, for setting goals for yourself. You are awesome really, I mean that. for what it is worth I am proud of you.