“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Savoring

It's so quiet. Well, not all that quiet, the washer is making it's quiet hum and there is rain pelting my window. Compared to my every day life though, it is silent. This week was rough at work. I mean really rough. I was brought to tears and had to have a "Time-out" it was so bad. The weekend could not come fast enough. I had plans last night but they where canceled. Levi has the kids until 10:30am (the Easter Bunny goes to both houses-lucky kids). I dropped them off with him after work yesterday, went to the grocery store, came home, took a bath, and watched tv. This morning I got up and had breakfast with one of my dearest friends, Melissa. She was in town from D.C and there was no way I wasn't going to see her! We have known each other since August of 1994. 15 years. She was the first person I ever drank with, our parents let us have fuzzy navels when we celebrated Thanksgiving together Sophmore year. Anyway, we had a lovely time catching up. I came home, crawled into bed, and I've been lazy ever since! I took a nap, read a little, talked on the phone. Now I am listening to the calm and lovely drizzle of rain. I love it. I need this time to recharge. Not be going anywhere or doing anything. The time to just be. I crave it. The kids are having fun and I will have them all next weekend I believe. So, this is my only chance for awhile to have silence and right now it is certainly golden.

1 comment:

mrs. reynolds said...

Hey girly! I had so much fun having breakfast and catching up with you! Your hair looks great! I miss you, and am serious about your coming to DC sometime soon!