“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth
"Dr. Google"
Monday, June 28, 2010
Update on back pain
It's been 2 looooooooooooong years since this whole ordeal with back pain hell started. You'd think things would get better and stay better at some point. The key word in that is stay. In a word; no. That is so not what is happening. I am in physical therapy, which is amazing I must say I love my PT Molly. For a few months my upper back was like armor. I could not breathe it was so tight and constricted and it would spasm causing horrible pain and discomfort. Molly really worked on that pain and stiffness and discovered that I have Scoliosis. Then I started to get inflammation in my left wrist. It would flare a few times a week and was quite bothersome especially in the morning. Now I am having those same flares of pain in my right wrist. I also have swelling in my L5/S1 region that was not there before and some pain on the bottom of my feet. I have tried so many things; new expensive shoes, yoga, core synchronization, herbs, tiger balm, heat, ice, magnesium, pt, meds, injections. Nothing brings consistent relief. Temporary, sure, long lasting, nope. Last week I started getting new pain and weakness through the underside of my right leg, and reduced feeling along the right side of my right leg. My PT did a thorough exam and wants me to have a new MRI as soon as possible, she thinks my issues and nerve involvement have moved up to L2 and down further in my sacrum. She also thinks something systemic (ie autoimmune) is going on causing the swollen bilateral joints. It's not a good thing... I need to see a Rheumotologist and get tested for arthritis, lupus, etc. I'm not even 31, to say I am discouraged is putting it mildly. I am in pain every day. Lately my back between my shoulder bones feels like someone has injected metal into it, it is very stiff and sore. I was supposed to see my pain and spine doc in August, I moved it last week to July 22nd, I got a call today that an appt. opened up on Wednesday so hopefully the ball will get rolling and I can get in for a new MRI to get a better idea of what is happening and an appt. with a Rheumotologist for all that testing. I just hope that I can get some answers and a treatment plan that works. That would be really fantastic....If only that was as simple as it sounds.
Labels:
back pain
No comments:
Post a Comment