“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Thursday, July 8, 2010

my health: the rundown

The pieces of the puzzle look like this:

swollen, painful, stiff joints (SI, wrists, knees, ankles, shoulders)
skin problems (allergic rash to super hypoallergenic tape my PT uses, hives on July 1st cause unknown)
locking joints (my thoracic spine mostly between my shoulder blades, locks causing difficulty getting a full breath and pain)
sore ribs (my ribs and breast bone in front are incredibly sore to the touch, preventing traction this week)
vitamin D deficient. blood tests showed my vitamin D was very, very low. Taking 50k units once a week for 6 weeks, then retesting
Sore throat off and on for weeks
severe fatigue I cannot shake. Not even sleeping 13 hours straight relieves it. Think pregnancy exhaustion x10. I can barely get out of bed much less function.
pain behind my eyes that is a dull ache, comes and goes.

What I know:
My RH factor is >9
My ANA is negative

I am not anemic.
My white count is low-normal

What it could be:
Lupus, ankylosing spondylitis, arthritis of some sort, autoimmune disease, ??

I see a Rheumatologist August 6th.

Hopefully that doctor can give me the full picture because not knowing is not acceptable.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

holy crap, I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this.