“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Monday, March 7, 2011

Memory Monday

kindy gEverything about this picture makes me sigh.  Alorah's gorgeous head full of curly locks.  The fact that she still sleeps with her hands exactly like that (only now she also sleeps with bunny, in his asthma pillow case zipped up safe, too).  Vance's sweet little button nose and HUGE ears.  This was taken shortly after his first haircut.  He still had his chubby cheeks and multiple chins, and no neck!  Alorah is wearing footed disney princess jammies I got for an amazing price (thus purchasing I think at least 4 pairs in each girls' size) . Vance is wearing his Gap Christmas jammies.  I know there is a towel under them, I'm not sure why except that Vance's diaper was always leaking at night and I got so sick of cleaning sheets so it could have been that.  I know I took this picture on Faith's first day of Kindergarten.  I know that I still sleep with the denim comforter that is laying over them.  I know that co-sleeping is the best.  These two are my most likely bed sharers.  Alorah still loves to cuddle up, though for years she didn't.  I love how peaceful they look then and I love how peaceful they look even now when they are fast asleep not a care in the world safe as can be.  I snapped a shot of these two in my bed in October, in fact.

One thing is for sure, these days are numbered so I will cherish them every time they happen (btw bunny never ever sleeps with Alorah outside of her asthma zipper pillow case-it just isn't "safe" for her because bunny is not durable enough to be washed and life would end as we know it if something happened to bunny).  My kids all have remarkable individual bonds with each other that are so unique.  I am so grateful that I had them all so close.  I love co-sleeping and siblings and everything else that goes with it (well, I could do without the fighting but other than that...).  The memories, I love the memories.

No comments: