“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

RaNdOm

*Getting people to do their jobs (concerning NJH) is driving me NUTS.  Someone key in the role of getting things done is not returning phone calls.  I am seriously about to pull my hair out.  Somehow her authorization is for ONE visit so she'd go up and see a doc and not be able to do ANY follow-up care to treat her....ridiculous.

*Levi called me and had me take him to the hospital and he had himself committed.  BIG HUGE and amazing.  I will post about this another time.  So many things had to go just right..and they did.  There is hope.  I am beyond proud of him.

*I have my algebra final on Monday.  I have my final in my reading class (stupid, filler, incredibly easy class) on Tuesday.  I am currently one week from being done with this semester.  I cannot wait to be done.  This summer I chose to take classes I am really looking forward to.  English 102 (analytic and argumentative writing with reading and research in exposition and literature) Psych 101(scientific study of behavior and mental processes: methodology, psychobiology, learning, memory, personality, psychological disorders, therapy, personality and social psychology) Biomedical Ethics (concepts and theories of contemporary sociology: culture, socialization, social groups, deviance, race and ethnicity gender, age, family, medicine and religion). which is probably the class I'm looking forward to the most!!!  I was going to take political science and bio this summer but National Jewish made that impossible-I simply cannot miss a week+ of those types of classes.

*A very dear friend made me dinner, and dropped it off with my sweet neighbor, yesterday.  There could not have been a better day for it and my goodness, the timing was wonderful.  Thank-you so much Jasmine.  It was so very yummy!!! (and will be tonight, too)

*My friend Melanie had her baby boy Jacob last Friday.  She is one of *the strongest people I have ever known.  Hopefully she will let me tell you why. Congrats Melanie.  I am so happy for you.

*I will spend the weekend studying for my finals-I won't be on the computer at all.  I promise to update with grades as soon as tests are done.  I feel really good about it.  I am pulling an A in both classes.  There is nothing quite like depending on financial aide to light a fire under your toosh to get good grades!!

*I will be having a BIG yard sale during my break from school.  BIG.

*The wind is driving me nuts.  Alorah has not been outside in over a week.  Spring sucks.

*When people push you away it is usually when they need you the most.  Don't walk away.  Most people are worth fighting for.

*I am determined to read Water for Elephants, ditch half our crap stuff, SLEEP, clean, organize, and catch up with friends.  From April 27th-May 23rd I will relish in not having classes.  I'm sure my kids will, too!

*Shampoo-free is going awesome.  Another amazing tip my friend Amy told me about  doing a brown sugar scrub on my hair (my locks require a LOT of moisture and silicon is not an option). I mixed my deep conditioning Say Yes To Carrots deep conditioner with 1/2 cup brown sugar.  My curls went crazy.  Happy, clean, healthy hair.  Everyone is doing great with the poo-free method :D

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Ang,
I just wanted to tell you that I think you are so inspiring. I admire you in so many ways. I know I told you this before, but I wanted to tell you again!! I would love to know more about this shampoo free thing you are doing.. You have me interested, just a bit confused on the entire procress. Can you help me?
Huggles to you..