I may do a delayed "Memory Monday"....
I got Alorah's itinerary for NJH.
Reality is smacking me in the face....
so many blood draws, allergy testing, bronchial provocation, "minimally invasive" bronchoscopy, CT scans, sleep study, a fluoroscopic UGI study, and so much more.
I have no idea how to even begin to prepare her. I have tried to convey that there will be a lot of needles, there will be a LOT of needles. More needles than I imagined.
It is a lot to digest.
Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like writing.
I am going to go hug my kiddo, the bravest kid I know.
2 comments:
Would you consider talking to her Ped. and getting a prescription for some sort of one time Valium (or the like)? Something to sort of smooth the edges of apprehension for her? It seems like this would be an acceptable instance to use such medication.
Lacey,
For the bronchoscopy they will do that under sedation, I doubt they will let her have something like valium b/c it is a CNS depressant and muscle relaxer and they are doing a lot of tests to see how her body reacts to certain things. If they do intradermal testing I will ask about giving her something because that is one of THE worst things she has been through and if they can lesson the agony I would hope they will but they have her bouncing from one test to another, they have her packed in for full days of tests and procedures and a LOT of labs. (I, however, will be damn sure to bring MY valium along so that I can be calm enough to help her through and not fall apart myself) It is going to be on hell of a week...thank goodness we get from 3pm Friday-8pm Sunday to go play...we are going to NEED it!!
Post a Comment