“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Monday, August 15, 2011

5th, 4th, 2nd

Back to school!  The last year they will all be in elementary at the same time.  SO bittersweet.  We are back to the routine, including 8 o'clock bedtime.  I don't think any of them fell asleep before 9.  Vance came out for water at 9:15.  Back to school jitters.  6:30 will come very early (grumble, they changed their start time from 9am to 7:55.  jackholes.  I HATE it)  and they will fall asleep much more readily tomorrow I'm sure!  We finished supply shopping today, backpacks are loaded.  We had a pajama jam tonight.  They are not allowed to watch ANY TV from 5pm the night before a school day until homework is done on Friday.  I pulled the plug at 5 and turned on my new Ipod docking stereo (CD/ipod/radio) that I got with my birthday money.  They had a blast dancing around the living room to the Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Janis Joplin, to name a few.  They did an amazing "rusty robot."  I have NO clue who taught them that move but it was freaking hilarious.  Alorah's gum flew out of her mouth and into her hair, leading to an impromptu hair snipping.  Never a dull moment.  Best purchase I've made in a long time.  I love having good speakers in the living area, we can jam through breakfast, too.  Tomorrow I am making chocolate chip pancakes with the # of the grade they are now in made out of the chips :)  They will love it.  That is after I get the coffee brewed.  Have I mentioned how much I loathe 6:30?  No, we can't move that even an inch because the girls MUST eat exactly one hour after they take their Prilosec.  Otherwise I'd get them up at 7.  Oh well.  It could be worse but I don't have to like it!  I also hate that they will be in daycare for so long in the afternoon.  Instead of 90min-2 hours they will be there 3-4 hours.  BOO!  It would have been awesome if we all started at 9, my school is less than 5 min. from theirs.  I could have dropped them and made it to mine without issue.  Why couldn't have done 9-3?  I just don't get it.  I'll stop bitching.  I should really get to bed!!  It's MY summer vaca though and I don't want to!  No homework...tests....or papers for 2 whole weeks.  Sweetness.

No comments: