“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I want to plug into school

Vance HATED school last year.  He was bored.  Now he has a new teacher whom he adores.  He has new challenges.  He came home and told me:
a) I am excited for homework!
b) I want to plug-into school.

Freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA this gem from Alorah yesterday.  At lunch I ordered a black bean burger and she got a cheeseburger.  She said "Mom, when I grow up I'll be a vegetarian"  I asked "why not now?!"  her answer?  priceless

"because I don't want to be a vegetarian for that looooooooong"

I almost died.

P.S the girls showed off another dance move a'la summer camp: the sprinkler.  Freaking hilarious.  Pajama Jam is rocking the P house.

P.P.S if you heard the screeching, screaming, and straight UP revolt over the "no TV rule" that was enforced last night but hit home tonight I'm so sorry.  Alorah was pissed off, and asthma or not that kid has lungs!  I was the worst mom EVER.  SO mean.  How dare I not allow them to watch TV when they didn't have homework.  Gasp.  The indignity of it all.  She is going to be a bl-ast when she hits puberty.  I may need ear plugs.  She got over it after about an hour of yelling it out in her room...full on ranting about my evilness.  Truthfully, it was amusing.  She was overtired and had to self-soothe without her favorite crutch.  Made that rule even MORE important!!!  That's a keeper!

No comments: