I spent my vaca dealing with a HUGE mistake my psychology prof. made. She entered an "F" instead of the A I earned. This resulted in my being dropped from my developmental psych class, since that psych class is a pre-reg. Oh, that was far from the worse of it. Then I got an email stating that I was dropped from financial aide. Then I had to come up with $1200 on the fly to save my classes and buy my books. I had to borrow money. It sucked. My psych prof. was less than concerned with her mistake. She did not get the grade change in when promised therefore I printed all the emails (and their LACK of reply from her) along with a letter of complaint outlining it all-including the phone call where she told ME to calm down. I couldn't set up daycare for my kids, I can't get my FA reinstated, I had to buy books out-of-pocket all because of HER and I sent her emails outlining all of this. Don't tell ME to calm down. Anyway, I did what I could.
I am still trying to get reinstated. UGH!!!!!!
I started classes for fall today. I am already starting to panic. I KNOW the financial aide will get worked out, I may have to file another appeal but it will be fine. I had biology today, we have no choice but to take it along with a college success course. Okay, those of you who had Firstenburg in High School-remember notebook checks? It's a class that teaches BASIC organization skills. We have a notebook check on Wednesday. At least it will be a super easy A. I did my first biology assignment between classes, I scored a 93%. It is all done through www.masteringbiology.com. All assignments are online. There was a teacher in middle school who was a stickler for notes, if anyone from Roosevelt remembers he made us write EVERY single thing he wrote on the chalk board down. I am a really good note taker as a result. I had great teachers and I was always in college prep classes so I know I can do well. I am looking at 18 hours/week at least of study time outside of class. That is where my fears lie. I am trying to get ahead, I will do chapter 2 assignments tonight for biology because I know for sure Chem is going to eat up hours and hours of time. Biology will be a challenge, but nothing compared to Chem. I am also taking the labs that go with both. It's a lot. Everyone keeps telling me it's a lot. I don't have the luxury of time. I seriously cannot take 5 years to get this degree. The stress is incredible. If nothing else I wish I could find some better ways to cope with that. I am tired of my life being chaotic and stressful. Kids, homework, showers, baths, meals, open house, doctor appointments, the list goes on and on and on and onnnnnnnnnnnnnn. My calender is chalk full. I have texts upon texts from friends that have gone unanswered. I spent my vaca literally surviving. I didn't get shit done. I just did the bare minimum. I kind of regret it now, but oh well. This stress is definitely preferable to working at the daycare. It is an ends to a means. That doesn't make it any more fun!!
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath in and deep breath out.
repeat.
1 comment:
you know what, don't stress those texts that are unanswered.. You do what you have to do to get through right now, and on the other end when you need it and when you can... You have REAL friends who love you and will be happily waiting. :)
*hugs* I Hope things get fixed up with that grade!! SHEESH!
Post a Comment