“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Friday, May 13, 2011

blogger down

I have a post I am itching to write but no time.  When I had time, yesterday, and this morning blogger was down.  Boohiss blogger.  boohiss.
I got to spend time with my Rae-Rae today.

I had over 300 pics printed at Costco.

I had this one printed into an 8x10 bought a frame for it (that came with a coupon for 100 free prints, so I got 2 packs of 2 frames for $4 if you count the 2 coupons for free prints.  200 more pics to print!!)...and I almost cried.


I don't miss pregnancy (at all).
I don't miss age 3
I don't miss teething or colic.

I miss nursing and I miss newborns.

My last yummy newborn.

Trying to figure out the next 3 (8x10) pics to print.

this one is a definite:
in black & white.

sigh

edited to add that this one has been chosen:
I went back and fourth a LOT about whether I wanted a pic from his first 6 weeks displayed anywhere in the house.  It took me 6 years and 11 months just to PRINT them.  I agonized over which one.  Definitely none of the ones from the NICU.  The ones when he is older are cute but he outgrew his newborn look very fast (all that nursing and pumping chunked him up fast!).  I chose this one.  9 days old.  Still a newborn. (this was clearly before I figured out exactly how to make my bandaid method of keeping his cannula in place perfected) but it shows him, in that beautiful, fleeting, newborn state.  Yes he was on oxygen and he was still fragile but oh...so perfect.  So this one is the only one from his time on oxygen that will grace these walls.  Also please note his enormous hands.  He has yet to grow into them (or his feet!)

1 comment:

Rachel P said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture of your three munchkins. Thanks for having me over, sharing some DELISH ice cream with me, and for the entertainment coupons. You're the best and I love ya!