“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” – William Wordsworth

"Dr. Google"

Thursday, April 28, 2011

So proud

Levi spent 8 days in the hospital.  He is doing so much better than when I picked him up after he called to ask me to take him.  He's put on some weight.  He has appointments with follow-up's.  He has made more progress in 8 days then I ever could have dreamed of.  He is engaged, focused, and in a much better place.  I really am proud of him.  I miss our friendship.  Even when we were separated last time we were still friends and I missed that.  I missed co-parenting (and not just b/c it afforded me a breather once/week).  I missed not having animosity and bitterness between us.  We are getting to a place where we can be friends again and where we can co-parent.  We will never be an 'us' again.  I love him, I will always love him, but being his friend is enough for me.  Being able to talk on the phone and chat about our day, meet for lunch now and then, and have a healthy co-parenting relationship so that we can do things together with the kids is a priority.  He has come so far, and it took a lot for him to come to the place where he was ready for help.  These past few months have been terrible, but I have seen the meds taking over every day and the difference is phenomenal.  HE did that.  He asked for help and the hardest step with anything in life is that first step.  He is a good guy.  He has a crappy diagnosis but he (with continued therapy which he is committed to and meds (which he has been very compliant with and have helped him tremendously in the past) IS getting better and fast!  He is turning it around, and wow, I could not be more proud of him.  He is getting his life on track.  He is making great choices.  He wants to be in the kids lives.  He is willing to do the work and make that possible, and soon he will be!!  I had lost all hope.  He proved me wrong.  There is a lot of hope, and I know he is fighting the good fight to stay healthy for himself, for his kids, and for his friends/family/job.  Major props Levi.  I am so happy for you.

No comments: